I’ve been blogging for about 10 months – how the time flies! I think back to when I started and I had no clue whatsoever. I thought blogging was as simple as stringing some words together and clicking ‘publish’. Little did I know that there is such a thing as ‘blogging etiquette’.
Here are some tips I’ve picked up along the way:
1. Proofread your post before publishing – not once but twice (at least)!
2. Check your spelling, grammar and punctuation;
4. Reconsider the length of your sentences, and the post: at times so much more can be said using less words;
5. Watch your language;
6. Don’t copy someone else’s content – acknowledge your sources;
7. Think about your subject matter and the relevance to the forum;
8. Show some TLC – Tweet, Like and Comment other bloggers posts!
9. Remember that your posts AND comments contribute to your personal brand;
10. Be respectful to other bloggers and commenters;
11. Remain truthful to yourself and your integrity;
12. Engage your readers;
13. If you are going to ‘have a rant’ about something, try breathing before publishing your post by saving and revisiting it when you have cooled down – it’s amazing what a difference it makes.
Do you have any other tips on ‘blogging etiquette’?
Remember that blogging is a journey on which we all learn from each other.