There are some things I just couldn’t live without:
- Books – and by books I mean real books consisting of paper that are held in your hands and require you to manually turn the pages.
- My Dog. My baby. My love. My beautiful girl.
- Music. Ah music…it has got me through so much in life.
- My iPhone – okay, I admit it here and now…I have a problem.
- My partner would probably say that I couldn’t live without my laptop…I mean, I could try! But I don’t want to!
- My partners cooking. Until I met my partner I really didn’t look after myself. I swayed between not eating at all to eating too much. I now have a healthy appetite and love food – especially if cooked by my partner. He has such a talent and passion for food and cooking. I blame him for the added kilos I have put on since pairing up with him…at least now though I look healthy and not anorexic.
- Hot showers. I’ve tried living in England where most people have only baths in their houses. Hot showers with good water pressure were one of the things I loved about coming home after 9 1/2 months. I could not take one more day of bathing in my own filth, and washing my hair in the bathroom sink. A bath, to me, is a luxury – used for a good relaxation or pamper session for oneself OR to bathe the kids or the dog.
What is it that you couldn’t live without?