The wonderful MuMuGB has bestowed me with the Kreativ Blogger award (do check out her brilliant blog called ‘40BlogSpot‘, about a French Mummy living in London). I feel truly blessed – especially since I’ve had such a crap day!
I mean, it was Monday after all and I had the pleasure of having to sit a 2 1/2 hour exam this morning ewww. To top that off, as I was doing my hair I realised that I had run out of my anti-depressants so I left the house a little early to go to the chemist before the exam started to get my prescription filled (you see if I take my pill a few hours late my head goes all funny and I feel dizzy and woozy). It was then – 40 minutes from where I live – that I realised that I had forgotten my purse, that I had no money on me, and that my car was running on empty. If that wasn’t enough, I found out that I had to show ID to sit the exam…joy! Lucky for me my knight in shining armour came to my rescue in his white Honda Accord AND he wasn’t angry. Love that man of mine!
Anyway, back to the award! Yay – gotta love awards! Especially one for creativity. That means I’m creative! Awesome stuff since I was so stuck on the creativity front last year and thought I’d never find it again!
Of course, there are conditions that come with the award:
- I need to pass on the Kreative Blog Award to 10 bloggers and notify them; and
- I need to tell you all 10 things about me that you don’t already know.
- Thom Brown – To Gyre and Gambol: Reflections on Life, Limpidity and Perches for Happiness. Apart from the wisdom and funnies that Thom shares, he also dedicates a post a week to a photo of a tree…the one tree, in which he takes a photo of almost every day. Check it out…brilliant concept, and beautiful to watch the tree as the seasons pass.
- Adrienne aka Sweepy Jean Explores the (Webby) World 3.5 – poet extraordinaire, I especially love her 1 + 1 Wednesday weekly event. So much can be said in two words.
- Hope Words Inspirational Articles – beautiful, powerful wordplay.
- Lynn MacDonald – All Fooked Up: not for the light-hearted or easily offended, but fricken funny (which I will classify as creative too)! I especially love her article about her recent inheritance windfall – wickedly funny.
- ArtMuseDog and Carol – so much art, poetry, inspiration…and dogs (me loves the babies).
- My favourite all time film is Amelie – it’s a French film and I adore Amelie for the quirkiness, the use of colour, the French-ness, Audrey Tautou – everything about the film, to me, is perfect. The film is a reminder about appreciating the richness and beauty in the small things in life.
- I’ve battled for years with a phobia of water. I don’t believe that I could swim to save myself. I blame this on almost drowning 3 times…but I think I was scared of water before that happened.
- I once fell in love with an English lad whilst working at a pub in Bristol. It all ended badly, and he broke my heart by turning into a beast. The writer in me is grateful to him for showing me that I could feel every kind of emotion…love, anger, listlessness, love-sickness, sadness, hatred. Until then I had never really known anything like that.
- My favourite course at university was Anthropology. I actually didn’t know what it was when I enrolled in it. It opened my eyes to an entirely different world to the one I had grown up in.
- I love potato crisps and hot chips way too much, so much so that I have invoked a ban on bringing potato crisps into the house – of which my partner ignores, to my detriment.