I have been awarded the “Versatile Blogger Award” from Thom Brown (his blog is ‘To Gyre and Gambol’). I was very surprised and flattered. Thank you Thom!
There are rules though. I have to now regift this award to seven others AND I need to say seven things about myself. This doesn’t seem to hard, so here goes!
1. I miss my Nan, who passed last year. I try not to think about her, which is stupid, as she was incredibly important to me and I should. I think I’ve made myself so ridiculously busy that I don’t allow myself the time. I think they call this an epiphany?
2. I have an obsession with vampires – and I need to stress it is NOT ‘Twilight‘ related. My obsession started when Anne Rice wrote ‘Interview with the Vampire‘, and only continues. I admit I did read the ‘Twilight’ saga – and it wasn’t until the 4th and final book that I sat up and thought ‘Hello!’
3. My favourite TV show at the moment is ‘The Vampire Diaries‘ after my sister bought me Season 1 for Christmas. My partner and I really paced ourselves, spreading watching the episodes over 2 months…but now we are hanging for season 2 after the season 1 cliff-hanger, and it’s not out in Australia yet..damn it!
4. My favourite colour is red, although when I was younger I hated it, as red reminded me of how much I hated my red hair. Growing up as a red-head, I was always teased (as is the norm for red heads). I was also always told that due to having red hair, I could not wear ‘colour’ – i.e. red. I now adore red and realise that when people tell us red heads that we can’t wear colour, they are only displaying their envy of our awesome hair colour!
5. I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was young. I remembered this today, and got all excited by my childhood fantasy of exotic, dusty locations, tents, brushes, khaki, artefacts and mystery;
6. I just refinanced my mortgage. I swear there was more paperwork involved in this than in getting the actual mortgage the first time round. That’s it – done. I don’t want to see anymore paperwork, and I’ve had enough of banks.
7. My favourite male singer of all time is Jeff Buckley, and my favourite song of his is ‘Grace’. Indeed, his loss was way too soon. My Mum used to tease me and tell me his music was ‘music to slit your wrists too.’ I personally found he’s deep, haunting music therapeutic!
And now time for the winners!
I want to recognise the following bloggers – sharing the love as I’d like to put it – because they are all genuine, write from the heart, and have struck a personal chord with me at one time or another.
1. Adriene aka Sweepy Jean – Sweepy Jean Explores the (Webby) World 3.0
2. Hajra Khatoon – Hajra Kvetches – The Blog
3. Jenny Stamos – Growing up Jenny
4. Michael – OutMaturity
5. Dennis Salvatier – The Tanoshiboy Chronicles
For those I’ve recognised, as you know – there are rules. Only two:
One, say seven things about yourself. Two, share the award with seven other people.
No pressure though. I just thought it would be fun to learn more about you all!