I don’t believe I have ever really vented on this blog, so I’m going to be completely gratuitous and do it!
So bare with me – here are my pet peeves at the moment:
- Condescending people;
- Drivers who do not know how to indicate around a roundabout – it’s not hard…really;
- Drivers who don’t indicate…I swear we all learn this when we take our driving lessons?
- Drivers who don’t know how to merge…which unfortunately seems to be most people in this city. Do you know that the statistics show the state I live in (Western Australia) has the WORST drivers in Australia. No wonder I’m anxious;
- Noisy eaters…especially gum with mouth open – you are not a horse, unless you really are a horse that eats gum? (okay, it’s coming back to me now. I have vented on this blog before – about noisy eaters. Refer post ‘I have a problem‘);
- Meetings for meetings sake. Productivity can really be gained by not having so many meetings. Of course, they are invaluable if you struggle getting the people you need to meet with together in the same room to talk. That’s when meetings are valuable;
- Tailgaters. Just because you are sitting up my butt in your 4 Wheel Drive, does not mean that I will go faster and exceed the speed limit, or move over to drive in the gutter – especially when you have children in the car!
- Check-out ‘people’ in supermarkets who do not acknowledge you exist or say ‘Hi’. I was a check out ‘chick’ for 5 years, and I had to say ‘Hi’ every day, even when I didn’t feel like it and the people were exceptionally rude;
- People in lifts who see you coming, and watch you rush to make the lift, only to let the door close whilst maintaining eye contact. How rude!
Okay. I think that’s enough. I feel much better now.
And doing some analysis on my list, I can see now why I’m a bit tense…I started a new job and have been stuck in traffic for at least 45 minutes EACH WAY every day and it’s starting to get to me and my poor car. I may need to buy some meditation CD’s?
And by the way – please feel free to vent and share your pet peeves. Just keep it clean!