As the inaugural Emergen Blogging for a Cause day nears, I have butterflies in my stomach due to the anticipation of the brilliance that is to come (no pressure!).
Seriously though, I’m looking forward to it, and I hope you are too!
I know that the topic – International Women’s Day – may not immediately jump out at everyone (especially the men) but i think it’s important to realise that all of us have a part to play on this day.
- Be it through celebrating the women who gave us life – our mothers, or the women who gave them life – our grandmothers.
- Or by supporting our sisters, wives, girlfriends, cousins or friends.
- Or through acknowledging certain facts, such those provided by the World Health Organisation:
‘At least one out of every three women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime – with the abuser usually someone known to her’. LEE Jong-Wook, Director-General, World Health Organization.
Therefore I urge you to get involved! And don’t let the anxiety of ‘I’ve never posted before’ or ‘I don’t write well’ get in the way, for:
- We all start off like that; and
- This is probably the perfect time to start!
So please, join us by composing a blog post using the theme ‘International Women’s Day‘ and posting on March 8. We can all then get on board and share the posts via Twitter (#IWD and #Emergen), Facebook, LinkedIn and so on to spread our words and inspire!
‘So make a difference, think globally and act locally.’
For more information about the Emergen Blogging for a Cause – International Women’s Day – check out the event on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129221043814551
You can find more information about International Women’s Day at the following link: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp