There are some things kids just shouldn’t do, but they go ahead and do it anyhow (when Mum’s not looking).
- Shaving your arms with your Mum’s razor (Okay – I’ll admit it – I did this. To this day, I truly believe if I hadn’t done this, my arms wouldn’t be so hairy);
- Playing sumo wrestlers in the lounge room, cushions shoved up under their shirts, running and bouncing off each other. I actually used to watch my brother and sister do this, as I was ‘too cool’ to let my hair down, being a teenager and all, but I swear it was one of the funniest things to watch! LUCKY there were never any breakages.
- Eating cigarette butts. Me again. And in my defence, I was young – and I don’t remember (so maybe Mum is pulling my leg!).
- Trying to cut your sisters hair.
- Eating dried up, white dog droppings. This person shall remain nameless (and it’s not me). In their defence, I think they were like 2. Ew
- Dressing your brother up like a girl – including make up and heals. Yes – me again. And to set the record straight – he didn’t want to do it. I think I was torturing him. My poor brother;
- Eating dog biscuits. The person who did this can’t remember what they tasted like. Sorry to disappoint!
- Soaping up the tiles of the bathroom floor and trying to skate bare foot. Don’t try this at home – as you can guess, it ends badly (stitches).
- Cut their own fringe, when you’re 3.
I’d love to hear your stories!